GVM's College of Education established its Department of Extension Services in 1995. This is the second dimension of the College for the in-service updating of teachers.
It is equipped with a wide range library books and seminar halls with good seating and presentation modes.
Types of Courses:
- Subject methodology
- Pedagogical Issues
- Behavioural concepts
- Co-curricular aspects
- Thematic holiday camps
- Content evaluation
- Unit and Annual Planning
- Career Cell
- IGNOU B.Ed. Study Centre
- Co-editing and Co-authoring learning books
- School Library Mobilisation
- Adopting rural schools for oral skills promotion
- Developing the State Human Resource Cell
- British Council YLE promotion
- Directorate of Education: School Complexes
- Recognised Institutions
- Learning Oral Skills in English (one for V to VII and the other for VIII to X) from November 1998 to May 1999; also planned and monitored state wide orientation of about 1100 teachers of English in 8 different centres during May 1999. The Goa Headmaster's Association; Forum for English Language Teaching, Ponda Schools Association, and the GVM's College of Education were involved in these tasks.
- 140 Training Programmes for 3700 teachers organised in 2002-05 through the cascading model of training master trainers, state level experts and teachers at taluka level. The thrust was on child-centred pedagogy using innovative practices including ICT.